Saturday, June 19, 2010

He's Here!

Well, two things are true tonight as I sit here and write...he's here and I am a terrible blogger. I have no photo of our reunion tonight. The short video clip that I have is just of the bus pulling into the parking lot and that's it. The "regular camera" didn't even make it out of the camera pouch. Like I said, I'm a terrible blogger. I've got no footage.

Anyway, enough about that. He is here. He is back and all is well. It was great to see the bus pulling into the parking lot. The tinted windows kept us from being able to see faces, but I did see someone in stripes put a fist to the window, bang a few times, and then wave. I was certain it was him and I was right! We hugged him as he got off the bus and I immediately asked, "How are you?" Funny...after all of this time I still can't remember that he doesn't speak English and therefore, had no answer.

Sydney was super excited which was cute. She talked the whole way home in some slightly different, yet still very English, voice. He gave her a silly band and let her play with his happy meal toy, so so far, his demeanor seems very much the same.

We got home and immediately tried to call his mom and thankfully, we were able to reach her. He talked for a while and then we put him to bed. I'd better hit the sack myself. Tomorrow's a big day. Thanks God for bringing him here safely and thanks for the sweet reunion...now for some rest.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to hear all about it! Call me when you can. I'm dying to know if he has a mullet.

    ReplyDelete